Wednesday, March 13, 2013

running probs.

So today in track we were assigned events after 3 or 4 weeks of the coaches watching us at practice. There are basically 3 catergories: Sprinters (the fast & areo-dynamic sort), Middle Distance (pretty speedy kids with high endurance), and then Long Distance (the kids with very little or no ability in any other event). Just my luck, guess which group I landed myself into? That's right. the 3200-ers.
 -______- I would have at least been satisfied with having long jump, or even with being a mile-er. But nooo, apparently I have the POTENTIAL to build up high endurance and speed.
At least most of my friends are also doing my same event, so we can help pace each other.
The thing that bugs me about running cross country in the "farmland" of our town is that it stinks. So bad. I was complaining about it the other day to someone and said "breathing right is so hard with all of the freaking horse crap!" Just then, Coach Vincent jogs up behind us and says,
'THAT'S TOTALLY BULL CRAP!" 
hahahaha at least we have the best coach, I guess. 
Our first track meet is on next Thursday, so I hope that I can train hard & gain some speed, possibly even win a ribbon. I don't know, last season there were only two 9th grade girls on the team so I automatically won a first or second place ribbon at every meet even if I were to come dead last.  This time there are like, 10 of us. Dang, this season will actually require me to put forth some effort. : / 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, my little runner! Distance runners are made of stronger stuff than the average track athlete. You should feel proud. :) I am proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say; don't say anything at all.